Exciting news – snom announced today that their Apollo UC edition firmware is now qualified for Microsoft Lync!
The snom UC edition firmware is an optional software module for the snom phone/devices in their Unified Communications portfolio. It combines the advantage of open standards-based IP telephony by using SIP protocal to seamlessly integrate with UC client apps such as Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Lync and as well as other SIP based IPPBX in parallel.
The first to receive “Qualified for Microsoft Lync” certification is their snom 821 desktop phone, now available to be configured with their new Apollo firmware. Unique Lync phone features of the snom 821 UC edition with Apollo firmware includes: Speed and simplify Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Enterprise Voice deployment and operation in multi-site business environments, added music on hold, and boss/admin and presence buttons. Over the next few weeks, snom expects their entire UC portfolio running Apollo firmware to also receive the Microsoft Lync certification including snom 300 and 370 UC editions.
Quick overview of the snom UC portfolio to begin your search for that perfect UC solution:
• snom 821 UC edition – With color display and advanced presence features integrated with call history and contact lists, it’s recommended for information workers.
• snom 870 UC edition – snom’s latest innovation with completely redesigned new touchscreen with unique and intuitive user interface; perfect for modern people who requires user friendly high tech functions.
• snom 300 UC edition – Recommended for entry-level users who just need a simple phone with basic features in areas such as lobbies, hallways, closets and cafeterias where a lot of UC functionality isn’t required.
• snom 320 UC edition – An affordable yet powerful SIP phone with built in, full-duplex speakerphone and 3-party conference bridging – recommended for medium to heavy phone users.
• snom 370 UC edition – Has high audio quality, is easy to use, secured by VPN capabilities and interperability, has expanded memory capacity and contact status display so it is recommended for anyone who needs to transfer calls frequently such as receptionists or others including SMEs, home office, private users or ISP applications.
• snom UC600 – A Lync-optimized USB phone peripheral device that’s basically a phone/handset attached to PC. It allows user to use a traditional style phone/handset to maintain that familiar feel, while the calls are actually being handled by the PC with Microsoft Lync 2010 client app installed.
• snom PA1 – snom’s paging device that unites the functions of a phone with high-performance digital amplifier for broadcasting annoucements and supplying background music to assigned rooms, hallways and office floors.
• snom MeetingPoint – The only SIP conference phone that allows user to use MS Office Communication Server 2007 R2 and standard SIP accounts in parallel.
Snom’s UC edition phones are available at The Telecom Spot, and for the latest release of snom’s Apollo firmware (126.96.36.199) please visit http://www.snom.com/en/lync
Questions? As always we love to hear from you! Leave a comment below, or contact one of our helpful consultants today and see how these UC edition phones can help with your business operations and that all important bottom line savings.