Avaya just released the R9.1 firmware version for their popular IP Office platform. What’s new you might ask?
Here is a basic overview of the changes being made:
- New Premium Offering
- IP Office Server Edition Improvements
- System expansions and increased resiliency
- IP Office When Deployed as a Branch Improvements
- Aura System Manager and central management
- Aura centralized applications, services, and solutions
- Branch VM Pro and centralized management
- IP Office Unified Communications and Video
- New mobile VoIP client enhancements
- Lync Plugin enhancements
- Exchange 2013 integration
- Avaya Communicator (Flare) enhancements
- IP Office Key Feature Improvements
- New system capacity expansion
- SIP service provider (SIP Trunk) features
- SSL/VPN remote access and continued IPOSS support improvements
- Communications accessibility
- Call center enhancements
- IP Office Web Manager Evolution
- Expanded integration of management capabilities
- Sever Edition and Standard Editions
- IP Office Security Enhancements
- TLS and SRTP support for SIP traffic
- Encryption of all H.323 traffic via Line, Trunk, and SCN
IP Office R9.1 will be supported on the following platforms:
- IP500 V2
- IP Office for Linux (Server Edition, Virtualized Server Edition, Select Edition)
Some major changes that may affect people wanting to upgrade to R9.1:
- Discontinued support for: IP401, IP403, IP406, IP406 V2, IP412, IP500 V1, or Small Office Edition platforms
- Discontinued support for: IP400 Trunk Cards, IP400 VCM Cards, IP400 Digital Station V1, IP400 Phone V1, IP400 So8, and IP500 Legacy Card Carrier
- Discontinued support for: Customer Call Reporter (CCR/Advanced Edition). Existing customers will need to migrate to the new IP Office Contact Center Solution.
For more information, see General Availability (GA) of IP Office Release 9.1 for details.
As part of its brand transformation after purchasing Aastra, Mitel announced end-of-life for Aastra 675xi series SIP IP phones to make way for Mitel’s new and improved 6800i series. For those wanting to continue with the Aastra 6700i series, the 673xi series are a great substitute as well.
If you liked Aastra 6757i SIP phone:
- Mitel 6867i, part of the new 6800i series IP phones, offers higher spec at a lower price point. Additional features include color LCD display, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, native HD hardware for true HD voice quality.
- Alternatively, Aastra 6737i provide same look and price range as 6757i plus more features like dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and native HD hardware for true HD voice quality.
If you liked Aastra 6755i SIP phone:
- Mitel 6867i would also serve as a good step up from 6755i with additional features like 10 programmable softkeys (no paper label keys), EHS/DHSG headset port, and wider range of accessories (including expansion modules).
- Or go with Aastra 6735i which provide same look and price range plus additional features like dual Gigabit Ethernet ports and native HD hardware for true HD voice quality.
If you liked Aastra 6753i SIP phone:
- Mitel 6865i, part of the new 6800i series IP phone, offers higher spec and competitive pricing with its larger LCD display, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, and native HD hardware for true HD voice quality.
The Telecom Spot now carries DrayTek networking products! DrayTek’s Vigor product line ranges from cost effective feature rich SoHo routers to super fast VPN concentrators and superior routers for Medium and Large Enterprises.
Some highlighted features:
• Gigabit Multi-WAN, Multi-LAN
• Object Based Firewall
• State-of-the-Art VPN Features
• Web Content Filtering
• VoIP optimized QoS and Bandwidth Management
• VLAN Multi Subnets – Multi DHCP
• WiFi 802.11n with Multi SSID and rate limit
• Simple captive portal, User Management
• Centralized Management via SNMP or TR-069
DrayTek routers incorporate common features such as NAT, DHCP server, Access control, DMZ, DNS forward, SNMP, etc. There are no license costs and DrayTek provides free firmware updates. All features are included except an optional and low-cost subscription to 3rd party web content filter.
Select the right security router today will give you peace of mind and save you and your company more down the road. Contact our helpful sales reps today for more information.
Purchase multi-year support for your new Digium Switchvox system now thru
9/30/2014 12/31/2014 and get free extended hardware warranty of equal term! Qualifying products are any Switchvox SMB appliance with subscriptions, multi-year software updates and maintenance, and multi-year subscription renewals.
Multi-year updates and maintenance, along with subscription renewals, ensures that you have access to the many software updates available to Switchvox when you need them. It also ensures that you have access to ongoing support from Digium.
Eligible Digium Switchvox models include:
The following extended warranty are available:
Please Note: The free extended hardware warranty (of equal term) is only available at the time of a qualified purchase, and will not be available separately post-purchase. Contact us for details.
While it is not necessary to buy updates, maintenance, and renewals for a Switchvox system (it will still work without them), the system will remain unavailable for updates and support. Additionally, if you do let your support lapse, you will need to pay for the support period that lapsed, in addition to a reinstatement fee.
In addition, Switchvox multi-year updates, maintenance, and support renewals are already discounted 10-25% of the single year cost, saving you money. So unless you commit to NEVER renew your system, it is a much better decision to save money and purchase multi-year support. With the addition of free hardware warranties, now has never been a better time!