Both are great reliable small business phone systems at an affordable price, it only depends on what specific features you’re looking for. Generally speaking NEC SL1100 has everything NEC DSX has plus longer warranty period, but the initial programming/set-up is more involved. We’ve outlined a few key differences below for quick reference along with additional resources.
- More sophisticated solution available than DSX (desktop integration, multi-site networking, ACD etc)
- Initial programming/set-up is more difficult – although they now offer set-up kits
- Supports more IP technologies
- Mobility options – remain reachable on the same number remotely
- 5-year warranty
- Great value & proven
- Easier initial programming/set-up
- Reliable small business system for one site
- No advanced features available such as desktop integration, multi-site networking, or ACD
- 2-year warranty
- NEC DSX Brochure: http://www.necdsx.com/docs/files/1093060_rev1-hres.pdf
- NEC SL1100 Brochure: http://www.necsl1100.com/downloads/NEC_SL1100_Brochure_4page.pdf
Think about what you need in your business in evaluting which phone system to go with. If you need any help, don’t hesistate to contact one of our helpful consultants here in determining which system is right for you!