With the ever increased threat of hacking, it is very important to follow proper steps in securing your public facing devices. Breaches can occur from multiple fronts, i.e., allowing any SIP and VoIP traffic in your system, improper firewall configurations, and of course not changing default passwords. With Avaya IP Office, there are several steps in making sure your system is locked down as much as possible. Avaya has issued a technical bulletin on doing this with the following basics:
Review your existing installations and/or new deployments. Determine any security risks and requirements then implement these changes:
- Change security defaults and passwords
- Remove any unnecessary accounts
- Disable any unused services/interfaces
- Enforce strict password policies
- Make sure users and extensions are secure
- Make sure trunks/lines are secure
- Prevent and block unwanted Calls
- Secure user voicemail and one-X Portal accounts
- Block unnecessary and limit IP network exposure
- Make sure management applications & configuration data are secure
- Make sure servers running IP Office applications are secure
- Activate reporting/monitoring of your system
- Test for vulnerabilities
- Install latest software updates/service packs
Even with these steps taken, you will want to continually monitor your alarms and logs to detect any unusual activity. Always keep up with security advisories and make sure to keep your system up-to-date with the latest patches and upgrades.
Please read the document, Securing your IP Office Guidelines, for full detail on securing your IP Office.
Are you currently using a Cisco IP phone system? Cisco is discontinuing their UC solution for SMB customers and have declared it end of life (EOL) for nearly a year. Their EOL announcement included Cisco’s UC300 and UC500 series; the support entitlements for these platforms will begin phasing out January 1, 2015.
For many SMB customers, this is a great time to start replacing those Cisco phone systems with a Digium Switchvox solution – which can often be purchased for less than the annual cost of a Cisco support contract! From now thru
September 30 December 31, 2014 Digium will offer additional discounts up to 15% off MSRP to help you make the switch. Simply contact one of our helpful representatives here at The Telecom Spot to start!
- Digium promotion is for qualified product purchases July 1 – September 30, 2014 by end user customers only.
- Customers must request this promotional discount at time of order placement as neither Digium nor The Telecom Spot can provide promotional discounts after orders have been invoiced
- Only qualified Switchvox products are eligible for the promotional discount. This include Switchvox appliances, Switchvox SMB software, Switchvox subscriptions. A complete list of qualifying products and part numbers are listed below.
- This offer does NOT apply to cold spares, updates and maintenance, subscription renewals, phone feature packs, extended hardware warranties, phones, Digium cloud services, or any other items that are not included on list of qualifying products
- This promotion applies only to new Switchvox solutions replacing existing Cisco telephony solutions. Digium may contact customer to confirm the replacement for their promotional claim audits.
Eligible products for the Cisco Replacement Promotion
|Digium Part Number / SKU
||Switchvox 80 Appliance, NA
||Switchvox 80 Appliance, AU
||Switchvox 80 Appliance, EU
||Switchvox 80 Appliance, UK
||Switchvox 310 Appliance, NA
||Switchvox 310 Appliance, AU
||Switchvox 310 Appliance, EU
||Switchvox 310 Appliance, UK
||Switchvox 360 Appliance, NA
||Switchvox 360 Appliance, AU
||Switchvox 360 Appliance, EU
||Switchvox 360 Appliance, UK
||Switchvox 380 Appliance, NA
||Switchvox 380 Appliance, AU
||Switchvox 380 Appliance, EU
||Switchvox 380 Appliance, UK
||Switchvox 450 Appliance, North America
||Switchvox 450 Appliance, Australia
||Switchvox 450 Appliance, Europe
||Switchvox 450 Appliance, United Kingdom
||Switchvox 470 Appliance, North America
||Switchvox 470 Appliance, Australia
||Switchvox 470 Appliance, Europe
||Switchvox 470 Appliance, United Kingdom
||Switchvox SMB Software Download
||Switchvox SMB DVD with Reg Code
||1 Switchvox Gold Subscription for 1 User
||5 Switchvox Gold Subscriptions for 5 Users
||25 Switchvox Gold Subscriptions for 25 Users
||100 Switchvox Gold Subscriptions for 100 Users
||1 Switchvox Platinum Subscription for 1 User
||5 Switchvox Platinum Subscriptions for 5 Users
||25 Switchvox Platinum Subscriptions for 25 Users
||100 Switchvox Platinum Subscriptions for 100 Users
||1 Switchvox Titanium Subscription for 1 User
||5 Switchvox Titanium Subscriptions for 5 Users
||25 Switchvox Titanium Subscriptions for 25 Users
||100 Switchvox Titanium Subscriptions for 100 Users
There are some situations where you need to have an analog phone line where there are no existing cable runs except for a data network. Or you may simply want to extend analog phone line(s) to a remote site. No worries! We have a solution for you that utilizes Grandstream SIP VoIP ATA’s and Gateways in Peer-to-Peer mode. There are 3 different scenarios with appropriate solutions:
1) Peer-to-Peer using ATA’s only. Click Here for the solution using Grandstream HT502 and HT503’s.
2) Peer-to-Peer using ATA’s and Gateways. Click Here for the solution using Grandstream GXW’s and HT50x’s.
3) Peer-to-Peer using Gateways only. Click Here for the solution using Grandstream GXW’s.
These are 3 different examples of extending your analog lines (POTS) over a data network utilizing Grandstream’s cost effective solutions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact any one of our The Telecom Spot representatives at 866-369-3394.
The Telecom Spot now carries DrayTek networking products! DrayTek’s Vigor product line ranges from cost effective feature rich SoHo routers to super fast VPN concentrators and superior routers for Medium and Large Enterprises.
Some highlighted features:
• Gigabit Multi-WAN, Multi-LAN
• Object Based Firewall
• State-of-the-Art VPN Features
• Web Content Filtering
• VoIP optimized QoS and Bandwidth Management
• VLAN Multi Subnets – Multi DHCP
• WiFi 802.11n with Multi SSID and rate limit
• Simple captive portal, User Management
• Centralized Management via SNMP or TR-069
DrayTek routers incorporate common features such as NAT, DHCP server, Access control, DMZ, DNS forward, SNMP, etc. There are no license costs and DrayTek provides free firmware updates. All features are included except an optional and low-cost subscription to 3rd party web content filter.
Select the right security router today will give you peace of mind and save you and your company more down the road. Contact our helpful sales reps today for more information.
Purchase multi-year support for your new Digium Switchvox system now thru
9/30/2014 12/31/2014 and get free extended hardware warranty of equal term! Qualifying products are any Switchvox SMB appliance with subscriptions, multi-year software updates and maintenance, and multi-year subscription renewals.
Multi-year updates and maintenance, along with subscription renewals, ensures that you have access to the many software updates available to Switchvox when you need them. It also ensures that you have access to ongoing support from Digium.
Eligible Digium Switchvox models include:
The following extended warranty are available:
Please Note: The free extended hardware warranty (of equal term) is only available at the time of a qualified purchase, and will not be available separately post-purchase. Contact us for details.
While it is not necessary to buy updates, maintenance, and renewals for a Switchvox system (it will still work without them), the system will remain unavailable for updates and support. Additionally, if you do let your support lapse, you will need to pay for the support period that lapsed, in addition to a reinstatement fee.
In addition, Switchvox multi-year updates, maintenance, and support renewals are already discounted 10-25% of the single year cost, saving you money. So unless you commit to NEVER renew your system, it is a much better decision to save money and purchase multi-year support. With the addition of free hardware warranties, now has never been a better time!
Is that a typo?… It sure isn’t!!! We currently have stock on 24 and 48 Port Gigabit switches for $129 and under! Get them while they last:
Save even more if you only need Fast Ethernet support on your network with these 10/100Mbps Switches
These kind of deals come only once in a while so take advantage! Call one of our knowledgeable reps at 866-369-3394 today!
The Telecom Spot now accepts Bitcoins as a form of payment.
Use Bitcoins to purchase telephones, phone systems, VoIP, conference equipments, headsets, networking and more for your business or home. For more details see our Bitcoin Terms and Conditions.
What is Bitcoin?
Konftel adds Microsoft Lync compatibility to one of their most versatile conferencing devices, the Konftel 55 and Konftel 55W.
If you havent purchased one yet, ask one of our knowledgeable representatives at 866-369-3394. Buy yours today here at The Telecom Spot: Konftel 55, Konftel 55W
Konftel 55 Series – The hub of your communications Computers, smartphones, tablets and desktop phones – the Konftel 55 series is designed to keep pace with the array of devices used for communicating in the conference room today.
Layer for Lync
The user interface have a new and fresh design. Features that are supported and displayed on the Konftel 55 series display screen:
- answer/end call
- call information; name, subject and talk time are displayed
- your status information (presence)
- last number redial
- keypad for calling via Lync – mute – voice mail
Now is a great time to add or upgrade headsets for your office / call center. Many of our headset manufacturers are offering great freebies or rebates to help you get the best tool for your job. Below is a list of current offers available:
- UC Plus Promo: Purchase a Jabra PRO 9450, get a free EHS cable or lifter from Jabra with proof of purchase. 9/2/2013 – 3/31/2014
- Speak Free Promo: Purchase 20 or more Jabra Pro 900 or Pro 9000 series headset, and get a free SPEAK 410 speakerphone for every 2 headsets on the same order with proof of purchase. 2/17/2014 – 6/30/2014
- Break Free Evaluation Kit: Free wireless headset evaluation kit for qualifying customers. 9/2/2013 – 3/31/2014
- SMB UC Deployment Offer: Volume discounts may be available to organizations deploying qualifying UC solutions to a minimum of 20 users now thru June 2013. Contact our sales people for more details.
- CS500 XD Series: Purchase a CS500-XD series product and get a free EHS cable or HL10 lifter free from Plantronics. 3/3/2014 – 6/30/2014
- Voyager Legend CS: $50 manufacturer rebate off any Voyager Legend CS or Voyager Legend CS with HL10 handset lifter bundle. 3/3/2014 – 6/30/2014
- Now-UC-It: Get one free UC USB headset or connection products when you buy 12 (when purchased with X100, X200 or ConneXt). 2/1/2014-3/31/2014. See promo page for more details.
For every 10 Jabra contact center headsets series purchased between 10/1/2013 thru 12/31/2013, you are eligible for a free headset from Jabra! Eligible headset series include GN2000, GN2100, or BIZ2400 series’ headsets. The free headset can be the same corded headset as purchased, or a Jabra PRO 900 series wireless headset.
Jabra GN2000 Series
Jabra GN2000 series: A flexible headset series ideal for blended telephony environments, featuring a sturdy design and UC compatibility.
Jabra GN2100 Series
Jabra GN2100 series: An award-winning headset series for businesses and call centers that features a variety of wearing styles and a comfortable fit.
Jabra BIZ2400 Series
Jabra BIZ 2400 series: A professional headset series offering a comfortable fit, a variety of wearing styles and the latest in noise cancellation technology.
Please check Jabra’s compatibility guide or contact us for assistance on ensuring you have the appropriate adapter cords or EHS adapters required for connectivity.
Jabra terms and conditions:
Promotional Offer: For every 10 Jabra contact center headsets (GN2000, GN2100, or BIZ™ 2400 series purchased between now and December 31, 2013, you are entitled to a free headset. The free unit can be either the same headset as purchased – OR – a PRO 900 series headset
Promotional Period: October 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
This promotion is open to all end users in the United States and Canada who purchase 10 or more GN2000, GN2100, or BIZ 2400 headsets from a Jabra authorized reseller. All claims must be submitted and postmarked on or before January 15, 2014. Any claims received after that date will not be honored.
To claim your free headset, end users must fill out the on-line claim form at the following website: www.Jabra.com/campaigns/Buy10Get1Free. End users must also attach a copy of the original invoice to the email address provided on the claim form as proof of purchase (email@example.com).
This promotion cannot be combined with any other active Jabra offers, special pricing, or programs. Free headsets are not for resale. This promotion is the exclusive property of Jabra and any use by unauthorized parties without the expressed written consent by Jabra is prohibited. Jabra will only allow returns for claims of “Out of Box Failure”.
Your free headsets will be shipped directly to the end user at the address listed on the original invoice. If multiple purchases are made and placed on one purchase order and invoice, all free products will be shipped to one address. Please allow 2-4 weeks for order fulfillment. By participating in this promotion you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.