Yealink announced the commercial launch of its first IP conference phone on 3/13/2015. The new CP860 IP conference phone is designed for small to medium-sized meeting rooms with up to 10 participants (or 16 with optional expansion mic) and offers “diamond-clear” voice conversations to help increase productivity for company meetings.
CP860 combines great audio performance in its diamond shaped body design along with several useful features. Call linkage with PC or mobile soft-phones such as Skype, Lync/Skype for Business, Bria, and more are supported to provide users a convenient UC experience anytime and anywhere. With USB call recording, you can record important meetings for easy call review and record keeping. 5-party conferencing is also supported to help companies improve communications while reducing facility costs.
- Optima HD voice, full duplex technology
- 10-feet and 360 degree voice pick-up (built-in 3 mic array)
- Optional pair of CPE80 expansion microphone for broader reception
- 320ms echo cancellation tail length
- Connection to mobile phone or PC for conference calls
- 5-way conferencing supported
- USB call recording supported
Yealink CP860 IP conference phone is currently MSRP at $799 and the pair of CPE80 expansion mic is MSRP at $119. Due to MAP restrictions, please log-in to our website or contact us today for our special sales price.
The Spider is Phoenix Audio’s latest top of line conference phone series delivering HD audio, noise/echo cancellation, dual connectivity, as well as the popular daisy chaining capability. The SIP version MT505 connects to SIP service via Ethernet cable or your computer via USB, while the PSTN version MT502 connects with your analog phone line as well as computer via USB.
- Bridging between USB and VoIP/SIP/IP
- Use alone or daisy chainable up to 14 units of MT503 or Quattro3’s
- Interactive dial pad with backlights
- 4 mic beamforming array with directional LED lighting
- DSP based algorithms: echo canceling, noise reduction, de-reverb, automatic gain control
- SIP version supports PoE (Power over Ethernet)
Upon opening the package, we can see the Phoenix Audio Spider conference phone came well packed with foam cushioning and cut-outs to prevent shifting damage during transit. The content includes the Spider conference phone, 48V power supply with international adapters, USB cable, and Ethernet cable for SIP version (phone cable instead for PSTN version).
The Phoenix Audio Spider aluminum casing has a more matte finish to help prevent unpleasant finger prints. At 7″ diameter and 1-7/8″ in height the Spider is discrete and visually pleasing. Phoenix Audio also added foam lining to the bottom of the unit to help keep it in place and prevent scratches. The soft-touch keypad is back-lit when active or off when the unit is on standby.
Initial boot-up took a couple minutes then from there on the set-up was pretty simple via Spider’s GUI interface – just minutes after plugging in we are having our first test call. The menu options are pretty self-explanatory via on-screen prompts, but you can also check the user manual for a flow-chart. The settings can be changed both manually on the unit itself or via its web interface.
We tested using the Spider conference phone from various distances up to 7 feet away and is happy to say our voices were picked up very well. Our voices sounded clear and natural for the caller on the other side with minimal or no background noises. The Spider’s proprietary directional beamforming array (seen by blue LED light under Spider’s grill) followed each speaker’s voice around the room with stunning accuracy. (Note: For those who don’t enjoy LED light shows, the red and blue lights can be turned off via menu option.) In conclusion, an individual Phoenix Audio Spider unit would be sufficient for any small to mid-sized conference room and a good conference phone to consider. For larger settings you can daisy-chain up to 14 sub-units for additional expansion.
Many users who are looking for more mobile freedom while still keeping great call quality and business phone features are turning to cordless IP DECT phone systems. There are many cordless DECT phone options in today’s market, but two of the most popular are Yealink’s W52P and Panasonic’s KX-TGP500. With similar price ranges, below is a quick comparison between the 2 models.
- Indoor range: 50m
- Outdoor range: 300m
- Color screen: Yes
- Simultaneous calls: 4
- SIP Accounts: Up to 5
- Cordless Handsets: Up to 5 (W52H)
- HD Voice: Yes, handset with wideband
- Speaker: Full-Duplex
- Talk time: +10 hours, 100 hours standby
- PoE: Integrated PoE (Class 1)
- ECO Mode: Yes
- Cat-iq 2.0: Yes
- Remote Phonebook: Yes
- On-screen conferencing instructions
- Special: Increase range with up to 6 repeaters (RT10)
- See Yealink W52P Product & pricing
- Indoor range: 50m
- Outdoor range: 300m
- Color screen: No, grayscale
- Simultaneous calls: 3
- SIP Accounts: Up to 8
- Cordless Handsets: Up to 6 (KX-TPA50B04)
- HD Voice: HD Codec on DECT radio
- Speaker: Half-Duplex
- Talk time: Up to 5 hours, 240 hours standby
- PoE: No
- ECO Mode: No
- Cat-iq 2.0: No
- Remote Phonebook: No
- No on-screen conferencing instructions
- See Panasonic KX-TGP500 Product & Pricing
Are you currently using a Cisco IP phone system? Cisco is discontinuing their UC solution for SMB customers and have declared it end of life (EOL) for nearly a year. Their EOL announcement included Cisco’s UC300 and UC500 series; the support entitlements for these platforms will begin phasing out January 1, 2015.
For many SMB customers, this is a great time to start replacing those Cisco phone systems with a Digium Switchvox solution – which can often be purchased for less than the annual cost of a Cisco support contract! From now thru
September 30 December 31, 2014 Digium will offer additional discounts up to 15% off MSRP to help you make the switch. Simply contact one of our helpful representatives here at The Telecom Spot to start!
- Digium promotion is for qualified product purchases July 1 – September 30, 2014 by end user customers only.
- Customers must request this promotional discount at time of order placement as neither Digium nor The Telecom Spot can provide promotional discounts after orders have been invoiced
- Only qualified Switchvox products are eligible for the promotional discount. This include Switchvox appliances, Switchvox SMB software, Switchvox subscriptions. A complete list of qualifying products and part numbers are listed below.
- This offer does NOT apply to cold spares, updates and maintenance, subscription renewals, phone feature packs, extended hardware warranties, phones, Digium cloud services, or any other items that are not included on list of qualifying products
- This promotion applies only to new Switchvox solutions replacing existing Cisco telephony solutions. Digium may contact customer to confirm the replacement for their promotional claim audits.
Eligible products for the Cisco Replacement Promotion
|Digium Part Number / SKU
||Switchvox 80 Appliance, NA
||Switchvox 80 Appliance, AU
||Switchvox 80 Appliance, EU
||Switchvox 80 Appliance, UK
||Switchvox 310 Appliance, NA
||Switchvox 310 Appliance, AU
||Switchvox 310 Appliance, EU
||Switchvox 310 Appliance, UK
||Switchvox 360 Appliance, NA
||Switchvox 360 Appliance, AU
||Switchvox 360 Appliance, EU
||Switchvox 360 Appliance, UK
||Switchvox 380 Appliance, NA
||Switchvox 380 Appliance, AU
||Switchvox 380 Appliance, EU
||Switchvox 380 Appliance, UK
||Switchvox 450 Appliance, North America
||Switchvox 450 Appliance, Australia
||Switchvox 450 Appliance, Europe
||Switchvox 450 Appliance, United Kingdom
||Switchvox 470 Appliance, North America
||Switchvox 470 Appliance, Australia
||Switchvox 470 Appliance, Europe
||Switchvox 470 Appliance, United Kingdom
||Switchvox SMB Software Download
||Switchvox SMB DVD with Reg Code
||1 Switchvox Gold Subscription for 1 User
||5 Switchvox Gold Subscriptions for 5 Users
||25 Switchvox Gold Subscriptions for 25 Users
||100 Switchvox Gold Subscriptions for 100 Users
||1 Switchvox Platinum Subscription for 1 User
||5 Switchvox Platinum Subscriptions for 5 Users
||25 Switchvox Platinum Subscriptions for 25 Users
||100 Switchvox Platinum Subscriptions for 100 Users
||1 Switchvox Titanium Subscription for 1 User
||5 Switchvox Titanium Subscriptions for 5 Users
||25 Switchvox Titanium Subscriptions for 25 Users
||100 Switchvox Titanium Subscriptions for 100 Users