NEC has released the NEC SL2100 Series and all of us at The Telecom Spot are very excited. It is designed as a turn key small business platform and eventual successor to the NEC SL1100 (which replaced the NEC DSX).
First and foremost, the NEC SL2100 features a built-in 4-port/2-hour InMail voicemail system, as well as (8) channels of built-in VoIP and (4) built-in Mobile Extension clients.
Additionally, the NEC SL2100 is chassis based for easier hardware installation. There are now (4) slide-in card slots for trunk and station card slots, as well as a slide-in card slot for the CPU card!
The new SL2100 is wall-mountable, but it can also be installed in a standard equipment rack, using a specially designed rack shelf, available from NEC.
At initial release, the NEC SL2100 can be configured with two expansion chassis, allowing for a maximum of (128) trunks, including combinations of up to (36) CO trunks, (3) PRI circuits, and (112) SIP trunks; and a maximum of (128) stations, including combinations of up to (72) digital stations, (96) analog stations, and (64) SIP trunks. In the near future, the system will accept a 3rd expansion chassis.
The NEC SL2100 can provide up to (128) VoIP channels, allowing for much larger IP configurations.
The InMail can be increased from the (4) built-in ports to (16) ports and the InMail storage can be increased from the built-in (2) hours to (15) or (120) hours.
The NEC SL2100 12 and 24-button digital telephones incorporate a new cosmetic design and are accompanied by a new “self-labeling” IP telephone (see image, left), that features a dual purpose display and (8) physical keys whose functions change when the user scrolls through (4) pages (or screens), providing (32) programmable line/feature keys in total. And the IP telephone supports a gigabit connection, making it compatible with more customer LAN’s!
Other SL2100 highlights include:
• InUC Client – Unified Communications built into the CPU (so an external server is not required!)
• Multiple Mobility applications
• A single chassis (KSU) type, which is used for the main unit as well as for the expansion units.
• The PRI interface is now a daughter board, which saves a card slot.
• The ACD feature now provides (8) ACD groups, each with up to (128) agents.
• The ACD feature also allows agents to log into more than one group
• The SLNet feature allows networking of up to (50) SL2100 sites.
• The SLNet feature also allows networking with existing SL1100 sites.
• The Remote Conference License allows callers direct access to an audio conference.
• (6) Doorboxes and (3) external paging zones can be connected to a single chassis.
• 5-Year Hardware warranty on SL2100 items.